Mission:00Bucks Booking Terms & Conditions (V3, Oct 2018)
By making the booking you are entering into an agreement with us and agreeing to comply with certain Terms and Conditions. Please read the following information.
Mission:00Bucks is a Bank Holiday weekend camp organised by Buckinghamshire Scouts and Girlguiding Buckinghamshire for members of Scouting and Girlguiding in Buckinghamshire across all youth sections and supported by Adults.
Dates and Location
Mission:00Bucks runs from Friday 24th May 2019 until Monday 27th May 2019. The location will be Claydon Estate, Middle Claydon, Buckinghamshire, MK18 2EX. Access for Leaders to set up camps prior to the event should be possible but is not guaranteed.
The event is open to all youth sections of Buckinghamshire Scouts and Girlguiding either as campers for the weekend (subject to each association’s applicable rules) or day visitors (up to 6pm on day of visit). Beavers will not be permitted to camp as a Colony, only as part of a Scout Group.
Anybody camping with a Group/Unit aged from 5 years old to under 18 will be regarded as a full participant and charged accordingly.
All participants over 18 will be charged the appropriate adult fee and will not be permitted to take part in the daytime programme/activities (unless full fee paying network/senior section member).
Children under 5 will not be allowed to participate in any activity that is provided as part of the controlled daytime programme.
Young person camping all weekend £70/head
Young person camping 1 night (including up to 4 activity sessions) £50/head (please see term on “Vehicles” and associated access for equipment movement if considering this option)
Adult camping – £15/head
Young person day visitor – £20/head
Adult Day visitor – £0/head
Price includes camp fees, all activities, evening entertainments (campers only) and camp badge.
Scout Network & Senior Section (18-25 year olds)
Network/Senior section members are encouraged to attend camp one of several ways:
- 1) In a Leadership role with Groups or Units. (This requires DBS and pay adult camp fee)
- 2) By signing up to help out at the event in a support role (i.e. security/activities/operations etc) this requires DBS and pay adult camp fee
- 3) As a youth section member taking part in the day time activity zones (open to all sections) does not require DBS and pays young person camp fee
To secure a booking each Group/Unit needs to register and will be allocated a unique Group/Unit reference. For each Group/Unit a primary and secondary contact will need to be established. The primary contact will be the main point of contact during the booking process and will be granted access to the booking system for the purposes of making changes. The booking system will be run by Scouts-EMS and hosted on a secure online platform. In accordance with GDPR we will not share any details with any third party and all data will be destroyed when no longer needed. Each individual camper will also be given a unique number and log in information will be provided for each camper so they or their parents/guardians can log in and enter/amend personal data. This system will become available in the autumn of 2018. Health forms and activity permissions will be collected online and no paper copies will be available.
Payments, Payment Schedule
All payments are preferred by electronic banking or cheque, made out to ‘The Guide Association of Buckinghamshire’ or via BANK TRANSFER: Sort Code: 60-11-01 Account No. 45278482
Please reference your payment: 00BUCKS/YOUR GROUP/UNIT NAME
Remittance details will be provided on all invoices.
Payments are due as follows:
£100 non-refundable deposit per Unit/Section by 30th September 2018. Final numbers and payment due by 31st March 2019
Refunds will only be considered in exceptional circumstances by the Mission:00Bucks Core Team. (See cancellation policy.)
Limited amendments to booked numbers are allowed up to the 12th May 2019. Between 31st March 2019 and 12th May 2019 increases of up to 5 participants per Unit/Section can be made, and suitable adjustments will be made to the payments. After the 12th May 2019 all numbers will be fixed.
The camp and all activities will follow The Scout Association and Girlguiding Policy Organisation and Rules current at the time of the camp, together with any associated fact sheets and guidance produced by The Scout Association and Girlguiding.
Passes and Security
All campers will be issued with a pre-printed wrist band. This show participant’s name, registration number and a barcode allowing organisers to scan them in and out of the site and access other personal information in an emergency.
Any person without identification may be escorted off the site by security to ensure the safety and security of the young people and adults at Mission:00Bucks.
Smoking, Alcohol and Drugs
Smoking: will only be allowed in designated areas and away from young people. Smoking is specifically forbidden inside any buildings or tents within the campsite. All adults should adhere to the guidance provided by the Scout and Girlguiding regarding smoking and the example that should be being set to our members.
Alcohol: The camp will operate an over 18’s bar in the evenings. However, all adults should be aware of The Scout Association policy on alcohol (as outlined in the Green Card).
The following has been taken from version 1 of the card, 2017: and is applicable to ALL adults
During Scouting events attended by young people under the age of 18, the following rules apply.
• Under 18s must not drink alcohol under any circumstances.
• There must be the correct ratio of adults responsible for young people at all times.
• If you are responsible for young people you must not drink alcohol.
• If you are not directly responsible for young people, and you do drink alcohol, you should still follow the Yellow Card (Scout safeguarding code of practice,) or applicable Girlguiding guidelines.
• If you are drinking when ‘off duty’, you should consider how alcohol may affect your ability to carry out your Leader duties when back on duty.
• Young people must know who is responsible for them at all times.
• Alcohol should not be consumed by adults in the view of young people.
Drugs: The misuse of legal, or use of illegal drugs will not be tolerated on Mission:00Bucks and anyone found doing so will be reported to the appropriate authorities and asked to leave the camp.
All campers on site over the age of 18 (excluding Network only members who do not have a role with a Section/Group or County) must have a complete and valid DBS issued to either The Scout Association or Girlguiding for the duration of the event. All adults will be required to provide a membership number as part of the booking process so that this can be confirmed. It is the responsibility of the Groups/Units to ensure that all adults attending Mission:00Bucks comply with this. Anyone without a valid DBS will not be allowed to camp at Mission:00Bucks. Girlguiding requires all their adults camping to have completed Modules 1 and 2 Safe Space training.
We will only cancel the event if the Claydon Estate was unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would refund all monies paid by you for the event. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund. Please see separate “cancellation policy” for full details.
It is the responsibility of each Group/Unit to ensure that they have the appropriate insurance cover for all adults within their Group/Unit. Please seek advice from your respective Association where appropriate to ensure your campers and equipment is insured. Mission:00Bucks does not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions unless proved to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or our employees or contractors whilst acting in the course of employment.
Vehicles on site during arrival and departure must follow the signed speed limit and traffic management regimes put in place. With the exception of the designated car park, vehicles will not be allowed on site after 5pm on Friday 24th May without the appropriate and official permit issued by Mission:00Bucks. All non-permitted vehicles must be removed from site by this time as they pose both a fire hazard and safety risk due to the large numbers of young people and adults moving around the site. Vehicles will be allowed back on site on Monday 27th May pm (time to be confirmed by safety/security team during the event depending on circumstances). Groups/Units will not be granted vehicle access from Friday 5pm until Monday pm for removal of Group/Unit camping or personal equipment (even if staying only 1 night)
The organising team reserves the right to send home any young person or adult deemed to be breaching the rules, deemed a risk to themselves or others or exhibiting behavior not in keeping within the spirit of the event.
Cancellation Policy (Refunds and Deposits)
Requests will only be considered once the event has concluded and all expenses have been received for payment.
The fee for the event has been set in line with Bucks Scouts and Girlguiding Buckinghamshire’s budget requirements.
Deposit:A deposit is the amount of money paid to secure a place at the event and is non-refundable.
• The deposit of £100 per Section/Group/Unit has been set at a level to cover the set up and administration charge. • Until a deposit is paid, a place at the event will not be allocated.
The balance is the residual amount of money due to Bucks Scouts and Girlguiding Buckinghamshire for the event after the deposit is accepted.
• Guaranteed acceptance at the event will not be given until the balance is paid in full. Once full payment is received a confirmation will be issued to the member(s).
• The balance to be paid no later than 31st March 2019.
• Reminders will be issued to members one week before balances are due.
• Where bookings are made after the closing date, payment must be made in full prior to attendance.
The balance of your fee may be refunded where:
• A member’s medical condition changes after paying the event balance due to Bucks Scouts and Girlguiding Buckinghamshire, which renders them unable to participate in less than 50% of the activities (including domestic arrangements) on offer. For any such claim a member will need to provide supporting documentary evidence from medical professionals, i.e. GP and/or Consultants.
The balance of the event fee will not be refunded where:
• Due to a members physical or mental condition they should not have applied for the event or it would have been reasonable for them to have consulted their medical practitioner, prior to booking or attending the event.
• A member fails to attend the event and does not meet the criteria.
• A claim is made against a pre-existing medical condition at the time of the booking.
• A member elects to undergo non-urgent medical treatment after booking for the event.
• A formal request has not been received as detailed above.
Under no circumstances will non-refundable deposits be reimbursed. This is because Bucks Scouts and Girlguiding Buckinghamshire sets deposits at a level to cover the set-up and administration charges for an event and to refund such deposits would mean the County could incur costs.
Cancellation by the County
Bucks Scouts and Girlguiding Buckinghamshire reserve the right to modify or cancel the event should unforeseen circumstances arise. In the event of such cancellation a full refund of the amount paid will be made to participants.